Located in the beautiful UNESCO protected Bay of Kotor, Porto Montenegro combines a spectacular destination with a world-class, full-service marina.
In this article, we will review the large list of why you should put Porto Montenegro of your summer itinerary. Porto Montenegro offers luxury waterfront homes for rent and sale, international dining options, lively bars and a wide range of sports, leisure and cultural activities, etc. The marina is an ideal superyacht homeport with berths ranging from 12m to 250m and offers very advantageous taxes.
Porto Montenegro’s Yacht-Friendly Legislation
Being outside of the European Union, but physically located in the European continent, right across from Italy, Porto Montenegro offers a massive tax advantage for charter boats.
Here is a snapshot of the tax benefits offered by Porto Montenegro:
- 9% company and capital gains tax (one of the lowest rates in Europe)
- Only 7% VAT on marine-related services
- 0% VAT on charters
- Tax and duty-free fuel, up to 45% cheaper than retail price
- Outside EU tax and import regulations
In a nutshell, their cruising regulations are very advantageous:
- No restriction on pick-up and drop-off
- Make multiple changes to guest and crew manifests
- Ability for foreign vessels to remain in Montenegrin waters with no restriction on time
- Vignette from €420 for 7 days, to €1500 for 1 year (yachts 24m+)
Porto Montenegro’s Facilities and Services
- 450 berths ranging from 12-250m LOA
- Short and long term berths options (from daily up to 30 years)
- Fuel dock with tax and duty-free fuel (including jet ski pontoon)
- Onsite customs and immigration
- 24hr yacht assistance*
- Multi-lingual marina team
- Onsite brokers for charter and yacht sales
- Chandlery and local repair / maintenance facilities
- Onsite provisioning and bonded warehouse
- Tax-free wine, champagne and spirits
- RYA and STCW-95 courses
- 24-hour manned and CCTV security
- Single and 3-phase electricity
- Refuse, grey and black water disposal
- Wifi and fibre optic internet
- Crew Club
Porto Montenegro’s Shopping
From swimwear to evening wear, shoes and accessories, Porto Montenegro’s luxury shopping village features brands such as Cartier, Chloe, Diane Von Furstenberg, Dior, Dita, Dolce & Gabbana, Dries Van Noten, Gucci, La Perla, Ralph Lauren, Saint Laurent, Tom Ford, Valentino and so many more. Not only are there Ready-to-Wear and Resort collections, but there are also many limited-edition pieces on offer.
Porto Montenegro’s Infinity Pool
No summer in Montenegro is complete unless you have spent an afternoon at the 64m infinity pool. At the foot of the pool, there is a summer restaurant, which provides a menu of poolside classics with an Italian twist, delicious cocktails and international wines.
Regent Porto Montenegro Hotel
Regent Porto Montenegro brings a blend of grace and grandeur to these glittering Mediterranean shores. Its dazzling building and gardens hold the essence of the region’s location and culture, its style reminiscent of grand Italian palazzos, infused with Regent’s world-renowned hospitality.
Porto Montenegro’ Cuisine
Porto Montenegro has a great selection of restaurants and cafes they offer everything from traditional local cuisine to Italian, Mediterranean and Asian, fine dining to relaxed eateries. Everyone is sure to find something to tantalise their taste buds.
Porto Montenegro’s Local Attractions
Lady of the Rocks, Old town Kotor, Budva, Solila Nature Reserve, Lady of Mercy and The Island of Flowers are a short trip away from Porto by either boat or car.
Reflecting the area’s rich maritime tradition, the Naval Heritage Museum’s collection is housed in a beautifully restored building and showcases over 300 artefacts, from Yugoslav submarines to the diaries of Montenegro’s Princess Ksenija. Themed exhibitions are displayed throughout the year in addition to the permanent collection pieces; for many though, the star attraction remains the P821 submarine standing proudly across the street from the NHC building.
Porto Montenegro’s Night Life
Platinum is great for those who come alive at night and looking for a place to dance the night away. Smart decor, a serious sound system, top barmen and plenty of live entertainment make this a welcome addition to the village, but don’t worry its far enough away from the hotel and residences that you can’t hear a thing.